The resilience of Porcelain slab surfaces against the day to day rigors of a family kitchen makes it the ideal choice for any home. Ultimate scratch resistance, stain resistance, all natural composition, visual beauty and countless selections of textures and finishes.
Learn More >
The large porcelain slab can be used for various purposes in a bathroom project. The variety of thicknesses, sizes and finishes can applied to any wall, floor, tub surround and vanity top eliminating grout lines for a more luxurious appearance.”
Learn More >
From interior & exterior walls, to fireplaces, to furniture & tables, Porcelain Slab is a versatile stone that can be used throughout your home. See what a difference choosing porcelain can make for your living space.
Learn More >
What Are Porcelain Slabs Used For?
Large format porcelain slabs can be used for a variety of applications around a single project. The various thicknesses and sizes can be used to make: porcelain countertops, porcelain vanities, Fireplace surrounds, mantles, Facades, Cabinetry cladding, exterior cladding/facades, interior/exterior furnishings, integrated sinks, floors, walls, ceilings, bathroom fixtures such as shower jams/niches/shower benches, restaurant bars, shelving, and much more.
Why Choose a Porcelain Slab?
The following characteristics are most relevant to consumers when selecting porcelain slabs over natural stone or quartz:
- Hygiene: The Porcelain Slab Surface is non-porous has an absorption ratio of < 0.5 %
- Maintenance: The Porcelain Slab Surface is easy to clean using only soap and water.
- UV Resistance: The Porcelain Slab Surface is not affected by UV rays ensuring the surface finish never fades throughout its life. A perfect surface for an outdoor project.
- Heat Resistance: The Porcelain Slab Surface does not contain any organic material thus is not affected by high heat. There is no resin present and will not burn under the most extreme heat conditions.
- Stain Resistance: The Porcelain Slab Surface is highly resistant to all staining agents found in the common household. Additionally, porcelain slabs do not require sealer to protect the surface.
- Value: A Porcelain Slab Surface offers home-owners a maximum return on investment due to its longevity and strength. Porcelain will outlive any natural stone or quartz product available.
What Is The Cost of Porcelain Slab?
Large format porcelain slabs range in cost based on brand name, finish, thickness, size and color. Cost comparable to quality quartz slabs but with much better performance, porcelain slabs do not break the bank but add value to any project in the form of resilience and beauty. Fabrication cost is determined based on individual projects with individual requirements.
What Types of Porcelain Slab Finishes Are Available?
Porcelain slabs are generally manufactured in a large variety of finishes and textures including:
- Polished: A thin layer of glaze is applied to the surface creating a high reflection of light creating a mirror like finish
- Matte: A natural finish with no reflection of light that makes for highly resilient option that requires little to no maintenance.
- Silk: A smooth, honed finish that resembles the honing effect of natural marble
- Bush-Hammered: A rough, rock like finish found in rugged natural stone
How Do I Clean a Porcelain Slab Surface?
Porcelain slab surfaces are very easy to clean and maintain. Due to the non-porous composition, porcelain slabs do not require any kind of sealer to prevent staining after spills. Simple daily use of soap and water can remove most imperfections found after cooking or a meal. When a more aggressive approach is required, use Vim with bleach and/or magic eraser to remove the most stubborn stains.
What Is The Size of a Porcelain Slab?
Porcelain slabs are typically sized at 126”x62” of usable material. Slab sizes vary depending on brand, thickness and colors.
What Kind's of Colours are Available in Porcelain Slabs?
Porcelain slabs are printed and manufacturers can make any type of images on the surface. The most popular colors available are: Natural stones like Calacatta/Statuario/Onyx, concretes, irons, wood, slates, silk, earth tones and solid colors. There could be hundreds of varieties to choose from.